Accounts Payable Assistant
- 720 Arrow Road - North York, Ontario M9M 2M1
- Job Category: Administrative/Clerical
- Job ID: 2020-6036
It’s Your Career. Drive It!
Are you looking for an exciting career in a fast paced and dynamic work environment? Join a company with a passion for innovation and customer service that rewards performance through competitive bonus programs and internal growth opportunities. Discount Car and Truck Rentals is a Canadian owned and operated company. We are a renowned industry leader with over 300 offices across Canada. As a result of our continued growth and success, we are currently searching for new team members in North York (Finch Ave. West and Hwy. 400) to join our Accounts Payable Team on a six month contract!
The entry level Accounts Payable Assistant position is a full-time, six month contract role with a strong possibility of extension based on needs:
- Work as a part of the AP team to complete data entry related to incoming invoices and ensure that company procedures are met
- Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies
- Post A/P data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation
- Balance daily A/P batches; prepare and distribute payment reports and statistics to key personnel
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners
- Form payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and mitigate supplier objections
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P policies and procedures
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Proficiency In Microsoft Office including Outlook and Excel
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong problem identification and resoution skills
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritizing and execution skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ablility to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies
- Filing and other adhoc administrative duties as required
What’s in it for you?
- Career advancement opportunities
- Immediate enrolment in the Discount Incentive program, giving you discounted rates on home and auto insurance, clothing, sporting events and more
- Ongoing training program to give you the tools you need to succeed
- On site gym facilities free for our employees
- Discounted rates on car and truck rentals
720 Arrow Road
North York, ON
Apply now at www.discountcar.com/careers
Discount Car and Truck Rentals is an equal opportunity employer.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please advise your Recruitment Specialist to ensure your requirements are met.